Monday, April 4, 2011

My first blog.

        I have wanted to do a blog for some time now; I just didn't know where to start. So I went on Google and clicked on the first thing that popped up concerning creating a free blog. It has been easy up to this point, you just follow the prompts. Now I have come to the page where I get to write something and I have a brain freeze. What should I write about.......hmmm.......what would the readers of my blog be interested in reading? Well I guess I will just start by writing about myself, and what it is that I believe I can contribute. I am a 45 year old female who has 2 adult children plus 1 pre-adult child (he is 16 yrs. old), I have been married 24 years, I am attending college full time to be a social worker, I have my real estate license, I love to decorate my home, I use to love to cook when I had more time, I love spending time with family, and most importantly I have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. What is it that I contribute:  Well let me start with a disclaimer, (Lol!!)  I don't have a master's degree or even a bachelors degree yet.   I have great children, but they are not perfect.  I have been married a long time; but it hasn't been smooth sailing. I don't have a great big bank account,  and believe it or not,  I have never been on an airplane. But....  I have life's experiences. I have allowed God to work in my heart and believe you and me, it has been a process.I have heard it said, what your test or trial is, will become your platform (something along those lines). I have been through many test and trials. When you are tested, there is always some sort of temptation you face to do the wrong thing; I have passed some and failed some. So consequently I can speak from a trial and error perspective. I have learned to love when I didn't feel like loving, I have learned to speak and believe positively when I had my doubts, I have had to trust God to get through each minute, one minute at a time, and above all, I have learned that there are different seasons in life and you need to blossom where you are planted. One thing that helps me to get through tough times is keeping the perspective that "this too shall pass". I hope you have found my first blog to be interesting. I look forward to sharing my heart with yours again real soon. Until then, may you be comforted in knowing whatever it is that you are facing, do your best to blossom where you are planted, and keep the perspective that "this to shall pass".

1 comment: